Whoopa! aims to revolutionize the antiquated hawker industry by bridging customers and hawkers through an integrated digital platform:
- Allow customers to place digital order, hence eliminating the need to queue in line.
- Help hawkers streamline processes, reduce cost and improve sale.
- Link both platforms to create a seamless workflow.
- Develop a Mobile App to allow customers to locate hawkers, place orders and be notified for collection.
- Develop a Tablet App to allow hawkers to receive, take and manage offline and online orders.
- Establish an identity system for the brand and interfaces.
- Design Research was done to verify assumptions and uncover new findings.
- Research Results were used to guide the creation of User Personas and Content + Feature Requirements.
- Wireframes and User Flow Charts were used to inform the production of low and high fidelity prototypes.
Key Findings from Customers
Key reasons people prefer eating at hawker centres
– Good break from the office
– Unwilling to pay delivery fee
– Food is better consumed warm at the hawker centre
Current solutions are focused on delivery
(Grab Food, Deliveroo, Food Panda, WhyQ & etc.)
Current solutions are expensive and prohibits daily usage
(Minimum Order Amount + Delivery Fee)
Ordering from different stalls = Multiple times of queuing
(Example: food and drinks)
Key Findings from Hawkers